The Porsche 356 made its appearance in 1948 and was based on a Volkswagen platform. The car would bring class victories across a wide variety of events, from Le Mans, where it won the 1,100-cubic centimeter class in 1951, to rally and hill climbs. By the end of the decade, it was clear that the rear-engine car was truly special.
Over the years, Porsche continued to develop the car, increasing the power, improve handling, and provide increased comfort. In 1960, the 356 B saw the first major styling changes, with the headlights raised, becoming more upright and having larger bumpers, brake cooling slots on the front valence, and revised lid handles. The interior featured a back seat rest that was split for added versatility and rear window defroster vents appeared. Mechanical improvements included upgraded brakes and fifteen-inch wheels. Up-rated Alfin brakes with cooling fins also benefited from air intakes below the headlights which channels cooling air to the front drums.
This New Zealand exported car is a rare factory right hand drive model, with many original features retained including the interior, trim and steering wheel and dials.
The 356 has just been subject to a complete engine rebuild and is currently being run in. Unfortunately during its lifetime it hasn't retained its original engine.
It shows small signs of patina on the body, and interior but aside from a cosmetic respray many years ago it holds it age well.
A rare opportunity to obtain a original right hand drive 356.
Please contact email@example.com in our sales team for further details, viewing by prior appointment.
- POA -