Brooklands Cars are delighted to bring this historic motorcar to market once again.
1955 AC Ace
Chassis No: AE38
Engine No:UMC 2094
AC Cars made a severe impact on the sports car industry, when the Ace was revealed at the 1953 London Motor show, with its simply elegant body, and John Tojeiro's thoughtfully engineered chassis, In the hands of the Hurlock brothers working alongside Tojeiro, they produced a vehicle with four wheel independent suspension, with a simplistic chassis design based around two three inch diameter tubes. The Aces were initially produced with the John Weller designed AC two litre straight six engine that had been continuously developed from its origin in 1919, even though these pre war engines had been developed over the years, they provided a respectable 105 horsepower at there peak. They were known to be very competitive sports of the era in all forms of motor type, whether it be AC, Bristol or Ford.
The motorcar offered was purchased by K G Cramp of Mitcham, and left the works on the 5th February 1955, A short four weeks of ownership and AE38 was earning its competition pedigree.
It was entered as an AC Cars Ltd works factory entrant to the 1955 RAC Rally, the competition history followed on when the Ace was entered into the five-day Scottish Rally ending in Glasgow on June 3rd 1955.
The Ace was not limited to rally events, it had been seen at circuit events throughout the UK, most notably in the hands of R Jameson at the opening meeting of 1957 at Goodwood Motor Circuit, Where he placed second in his race, reportedly after a somewhat wild drive.
We were given the task to restore this historic motorcar in the early 2000’s, with the scope to sympathetically restore the car to its former glory, aiming to retain as much original aluminium bodywork and patina’d components as possible.
We at Brooklands are known for our AC motorcars that continue to compete and finish events such as the Mille Miglia.
This meant handling and the safety of the car was of high priority, carrying out a full suspension, brake, ancillaries rebuild alongside a new wiring loam with a braided exterior.
As an Award Winning restorer of the marque. We utilised our in house ex AC Cars workforce alongside the original AC factory body bucks and tooling, to achieve an exceptional finish that is worthy for a motorcar of this pedigree.
The Ace is running its original engine (UMC 2094), rebuilt to high compression set up at the time of restoration. Furthermore it retains the original colour scheme of Maroon with Bristol Grey interior.
The history file of this motorcar is fully comprehensive featuring photographs and race programmes.
This is a unique opportunity to obtain a matching numbers competition car, eligible to the premier events of historic motorsport such as the Mille Miglia, Goodwood etc. FIA and FIVA eligible.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in our sales team for further details, viewing by prior appointment. Tel: +44(0)7557878123
1983 AC 3000ME
1983 AC 3000 ME
This motorcar is currently undergoing pre sale preparation.
Please contact email@example.com in our sales team for further details, viewing by prior appointment. Tel: +44(0)7557 878123
1930 AC Magna Six Boat Tailed Sports
Built by AC Cars in Thames Ditton Surrey this AC Magna is fitted with the Weller Six Cylinder AC Engine and sports triple Su Carburettors . The engine has good oil pressure and a recent replacement head gasket . The Three speed transaxle changes easily and pulls well for a Vintage AC. Its a matching numbers car (original engine chassis and rear axle) . Ideal for Fettling and using in modern traffic as it can keep up . A full history file including African Rally Plaques is available.
On the 7th March 1930 a certain Mr Harold Miles Silvans purchased a blue AC with Coupe bodywork,carrying engine number 3467 in chassis number 15924, He was living at the time in London N6. In 1932 he moved to Highgate also N6. He enjoyed custodianship until June 1934, when it was purchased by Charles Hewartson Banks and the car found a new home in Bristol. Around 15 months later it again changed hands and was acquired by Harold Cummins Hansford who continued to use it until June 1936, this being the last time it had been registered in the UK. Thirty years later Mr E B Deacon wrote to Honey and Blankenburg Solicitors of Sailsbury, Rhodesia, offering the sum of five pounds for the remains of the car from the deceased estate of H C Hansford. Mr Hansford emigrated to Rhodesia in 1936 and presumably used the car until he decided to dismantle the car for restoration, however he passed before he could complete the project. Mr Deacon was successful with his offer and had been given permission by the executors to remove the vehicle on the 21st November 1966. After sixteen years, and without competition of the vehicle Mr Deacon had passed also. The project had been picked up by Mr Chris Gael, a well known amateur restorer and vintage car fan in the new Zimbabwe.The restoration had set off and after long analysis in liaison with the AC owners club, the Coupe body was beyond repair with further consultation of the owners club, Chris created a new ‘Montlery’ Style of two seater boat tailed sports. The frame had been constructed with Oregan Pine, panelled with aluminium, followed by padding and a final finish of Leather cloth.
Work continued apace and by March 1983 Chris had submitted his application to the Vintage Car club of Rhodesia for a dating certificate. The car was then registered and seen regularly at vintage events throughout Zimbabwe.
The New Zimbabwe was very unsettled for Europeans after the Independence in 1980. Many former colonialists escaped to pastures new- South Africa, Australia and some returning to England. However some stuck it out. Chris held his ground in the new Zimbabwe until 2006 and had such an attachment to the car because when he would have to ‘run’, he was determined to bring the AC with him.
A new fuel tank had to be constructed and this held 12 gallons, linked to this an extra long range tank holding another five gallons, built into the pointed tail. With the theory behind this modification that he could fill both tanks he would have sufficient range to drive from Harare into South Africa without having to search for fuel. However this precaution wasn't necessary as Chris sold the Accedes to Nigel Tucker in January 2000. However to test the theory conceived in 1983 the car had been driven by Chris followed by Nigel and his Wife in a Land Rover. The AC had four gallons on arrival in Messina, South Africa. After continuing their journey through South Africa, Swaziland and Mozambique. The AC had been tucked away in its new home in Maputo.
After the initial voyage the car had a few smaller journeys into South Africa, then it was repatriated to the UK in late 2000, after being registered by the DVLA on arrival, the original number plate had been returned from its initial registration in 1930.
This vehicle has been recommissioned to a high standard,a unique motorcar for vintage events.
AC Buckland Year:1953 Chassis No: EH1984 Registration No: PAR 419
The AC Buckland is a development from the AC two litre saloon,which is the highest produced vehicle by AC cars, however the Buckland is a rarer breed with only sixty of the open top tourers produced with even fewer being the straight door mark one.
Here we have one of the AC Owners Club founders Harold Day’s AC Buckland racer, after competing in events at Goodwood,Brands Hatch and Silverstone.The most notable being the first AC to compete at the Chichester based circuit. The vehicle has been restored from the ground up,it retains its original chassis and the period aluminium bodywork, this has been stripped back to bare metal, media blasted and bodywork imperfections were restored, however unlike most race cars, this does retain the fabric that it left the factory with.
Additional original parts including original front and rear bench seats, hood frame, full windscreen and fuel tank are included however these need refurbishing if the new custodian would like to convert the vehicle back to full road specification. The dashboard has the original gauges that have been mechanically rebuilt leaving the original AC faces on show.
The racer features an aluminium radiator, oil cooling system, Kenlow fan, bespoke shock absorbers and stainless steel exhaust system. Furthermore all running gear has been totally nut and bolt rebuilt,
In addition to this the brake system includes braided brake hoses, uprated brake shoes with competition linings have been installed. The drivetrain has been rebuilt including bearings, seals, and crown wheel and pinion.
The Fuel delivery system includes a facet electric fuel pump in addition to this all electrical loom has been overhauled. Furthermore the wheels were shot blasted,painted and sporting Dunlop L section competition tyres.
Other race specification features of the car includes aluminium foam filed fuel tank, safety features including a battery cut off switch and fire extinguisher.
PAR 419 Competition History
In 1953 the car had its feet first on the track at the Silverstone eights club event on the 6th of June, it then went on to make history as the first known AC to compete at Goodwood on 25th July and then once again on the 12th September. Additional eventsin 1953 included the Eastbourne rally and the Chichester Motor Club Concours. Only having a single showing in 1954 when it competed at the Eights Club at Silverstone in May. After a year off from the track it returned back to the Eights Club once again on the 2nd of June 1956. Then it attended the AC Owners club sprint meeting at Brands Hatch on the 16th September. It returned to the track the following year on the 1st June for a sprint, in the company of three drivers, Harold and Elizabeth Day also George Griggs. It then went on to compete in the Silverstone eights club once again, and lastly the Heston Concours 57’.
Just under a decade later the Buckland sprung onto Brands Hatch for a AC Owners Club Sprint in 1966 under new custodianship. Later in its life it competed in the Goodwood Revival in the Fordwater Trophy in 2015, exactly sixty two years to the day that H.Day competed in a Handicap race on the 12th September 1953. It most recently competed in the AC owners club sprint in November 2015 at Goodwood, and would have been awarded the Knickered Demon Trophy (Fastest AC engine AC) if the Driver had been a club member.
Personally Owned by Derek Hurlock , OPG 192, built in 1950 at AC Cars in Thames Ditton works where it was fitted with Independent Front Suspension the result was a very robust split-axle suspension , the outcome of the exercise was rather mixed; the ride and steering on poor road surfaces was greatly improved, but made the steering somewhat heavier than beam-axled cars. The company, seeing in the far and not too distant future the end of volume production for the saloon, lost interest in the future development of the IFS. This holding significant value being the only Two Litre to have IFS. The car has been displayed at Club Events by Derek Hurlock. OPG 192 is captured here at a very wet Silverstone. In addition to this following the end of the second world war, the RAC Rally was finally revived in 1951. OPG 192 was entered by AC Cars for the event, driven by Derek Hurlock and Jock Henderson. The start of the rally was in Hastings and the finish in Bournemouth. The car had been photographed on the rally as seen. Being rich in history of AC cars, its a project worth saving, would make a genuine period competition or rally car.
The Two Litre requires a complete restoration of body, wood and mechanical work, the engine was in running condition prior to removal four years ago, however it has been put into storage. The cars leather interior and other components e.g steering wheel etc seem in good condition still.
Further Photos will be added of current condition
Viewing must be made prior to purchase. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in our sales team for further details, viewing by prior appointment. Tel: +44(0)7557 878123
- POA - - POA -
1965 Volvo 122S Rally Car FIVA
Volvo Amazon historic rally car with long rally history .
Rebuilt in 2013 with new floors etc B18 Engine with K cam and modified head Simons Exhaust with 4 branch manifold Twin Weber Carburettors Quaiffe LSD Axle ,new in 2017 New Radiator Brake servo High Output Alternator Ignition Cutoff Full Selholm Tuning Bilstein Suspension and spring kit fitted in 2017 5.5 J Volvo rims with Maxsport rally tyres Full Safety Devices Roll cage with fixed diagonal and harness bar Corbeau Bucket seats Motalita Steering wheel with Volvo Boss Brantz clock and Tripmeter Extra lights including period reversing light Campaigned successfully in the last few years with excellent finishing record including Monte Carlo Challenge 2014 .Tulip Rally 2016.Rally of the Tests 2016 and 2017 .Hero Challenge 2105 and 2016 plus many local club rallies . Large history file with current FIVA pass and many invoices and event photographs etc complete with disc showing repairs etc
Launched in 1975, its twenty one year production life was a testimony to the excellence of its basic design. Its excellent ride and handling balance was justly praised by the contemporary motoring press. The XJS's superlative 5.3 litre developed some 295bhp in later fuel injected form and when allied to automatic transmission gave authoritative 150mph performance. The car was re-engineered in 1991 with the rear side windows enlarged and a new four litre engine. The rear section benefitted from the new ‘facelift’ rear lights. The V12 engine's capacity was enlarged to 6.0 litres in May 1992 and it had a power output of 227 kW (304 hp).
Originally registered on 12 May 1993 this delightful XJS benefits from having had over £3500 worth of work on this motorcar in recent times, most recent works include a new radiator installed in September last year.
The paintwork is in very good order as is the grey leather trim. Mechanically these 5,993cc V12 engines are very robust and reliable; these ‘end of the line’ XJS’s are generally viewed as being the most stylish and reliable. Aesthetically pleasing, this is a coupé of stunning lines and proportions with a well-designed cockpit area featuring simple to read instruments and buttons within easy reach. Supplied with a V5C registration document, together with a current MOT. This Jaguar offers excellent value and represent a high quality motorcar at nearly 30 years old.
Please contact email@example.com in our sales team for further details, viewing by prior appointment. Tel: +44(0)7557878123